Gel liners have always managed to occupy a special place in my vanity box. I was first introduced to them around ten years back when Maybelline launched its Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. However, since I am very irregular when it comes to applying makeup, the liner dried out in a few months and I had to throw it away. However, Nykaa tempted me to pick up L’Oréal’s Super Liner Gel Intenza in the shade Profound Black. They were offering a good 50% discount on this product. I had heard great reviews about this particular product, so I added it to my cart immediately before it went out of stock. Two days later, I received the product from Nykaa.
The packaging was very impressive. It comes in a tiny glass pot with golden screw top lid. The glass pot is quite sturdy and travel friendly. It comes along with a liner brush that helps in application of the product. Both the glass pot and the brush come in a black and gold cardboard packaging.
I have swatched the Gel Liner on my wrist to show you how intensely pigmented it is. It is a black gel liner with a glossy texture. It has a creamy formula and glides on easily. However, you need to work with it quickly, since it settles down soon after and does not budge. It also stayed on for a good six to seven hours, after which it started fading out. The product claims to stay on for 36 hours, which is highly exaggerated. I think the liner lasted for a good six to eight hours.
It is supposed to be clinically tested and safe for sensitive eyes. At least that is what the package read. I wear contact lens and did not have any such issue with it.
Ingredients (as depicted on the outer packaging carton)
Thumbs Up for
- Being pigmented, creamy and easy to use
- It comes with an applicator/liner brush
- It stays put for atleast 5 to 6 hours
- It does not irritate my eyes
- The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly
- Has a variety of other colour options to choose from
- Can be removed with makeup remover very easily
Thumbs Down for
- Being a little on the expensive side
- Gel liners dry out easily, so take an extra step of precaution. While using them, keep the glass pot upside down so that it does not dry out. While not using them, make sure you screw the cap tightly.
- Do not use gel liners on your waterline. They are only meant to be used on your upper lids.
- Work with them quickly (in case you are smudging your liner) since they tend to settle down on your eyelids pretty fast and do not budge thereafter!
Price : Rs.999/- (I got it for Rs.500/- on Nykaa during their promotional offer)
Available at Nykaa, Shoppers Stop, Pantaloons, Local Cosmetics Shops
Overall, I loved using this product, and will be using this more often. I usually stick to my good old kohl pencil, but now that I have bought this, I am probably going to try this more often. Their other colour variations are exciting as well. I hope you found this product review useful. See you soon with another exciting review on my blog.