I will always remember the Strawberry Body Polish as the first product that I ever laid my hands on from The Body Shop. I had a general notion like many others that the products from The Body Shop are quite expensive, and hence I had steered clear from trying this brand. However, what many of us do not know is that they do give out amazing discounts once in a while, and I had literally splurged on their skincare range when they had a Flat 50% off Sale. So I went ahead and shopped from their website. The experience was satisfactory, and they even gave me Rs.100/- off because it was my first purchase from their website.
I always like splurging on skincare once in a while, and I am so glad I did finally try out The Body Shop.
I bought their Strawberry Body Polish and another limited edition product, the Blueberry Exfoliating Gel Body Scrub.
What the product claims?
Smooth and soften your skin as you gently buff away dead skin cells with our Strawberry Body Polish. Your skin will feel more silky-soft and nourished with long lasting moisture.
- Body exfoliator
- Gently refines skin
- Skin feels softer and smoother
- Cold-pressed strawberry seed oil
- Community Trade honey from Ethiopia
Directions for use : Massage gently onto damp or wet skin, then rinse thoroughly.
This is what the product looks like. The body polish contains black kiwi seeds that mildly exfoliate your skin. It smells and feels like crushed strawberries. I love its texture.
What I love about The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish?
- It smells amazing – If you are fond of fruity scents like strawberry, then you will love it. It smells refreshing and the scent is not too overpowering.
- The Plastic Tube packaging is very convenient. The flip top cap is an additional advantage and you get to dispense the right amount of product hygienically.
- It does not lather much, which is an added advantage because I like products that lather do not produce a lot of lather, thereby saving my time to get rid of the lather.
- The scrubbing particles are extremely gentle on your skin, and they do exfoliate mildly. I am not a fan of harsh exfoliators, so thumbs up all the way.
- The tube will last you for a good four to five months, when used twice a week.
What I did not like about The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish?
- It did not make a huge difference to my skin. My skin did feel fresh, but no major difference was noticeable.
- The fruity smell faded too soon. It lasted only for a couple of hours in my case.
- It is quite expensive, if not purchased on Sale.
Price : 675/- for 200 ml tube. (I got it for 337.50/-)
Price Update: It is now priced at Rs.625/- on their website.
Will I repurchase it?
Yes, considering that I get it for the same price that I bought the first one. At 337.50/- this product is a steal!
You can BUY IT HERE
So what next? I am trying The Body Shop Satsuma Energising Body Polish – a perfect citrus scented body polish for the summers ahead! Do let me know if you would like a review for this as well.
Hope you found this post useful. I do look forward to your comments and suggestions. So please keep them coming. Till then, this is me signing off!
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored and the product has been purchased by me from their website.